Sunday, November 5, 2017

HAD MY JOB SHADOW YESTERDAY

Well, first and foremost - HAPPY SUNDAY!  I have today off, so I'm just going to do some light cleaning and then relax.  I got about four more days of class and then I begin working with the ladies!  I'm working with 4 lovely ladies who are all 50+ years old.  I was a bit nervous about my home visit yesterday, but once I got through the door, I was fine!  They were very welcoming and made me feel right at home.

One of them wanted to show me her bedroom which all of their bedrooms are very pretty and well kept.  But when this one particular individual showed me her room, I spotted Hello Kitty and told her how much I love Hello Kitty.  Funny thing was, I already knew prior to my visit that she liked animals, so I wore my dress shoes that have a kitty on the tops of them and I told her, "Look at my shoes!" and I pointed to them and she got all excited.  It was SO cute!  After I had gotten home that afternoon, I get a call from my co-worker and she left me a voicemail and said, "Her sister wants to see your shoes because she keeps talking about how much she likes them!" So, I sent my co-worker a picture of them and she is going to try and hunt them down.  Haha!  I kinda figured that she would like my shoes...

And so during the visit, my co-worker informed me of pretty much all the general care of the ladies and how to use the computer and the kind of routine that they are use to, etc.  I took notes for my own personal use and then had a paper that I had to fill out to bring back on Monday about the kind of things that I observed while at the visit.

My visit was only 4 hours, but I learned a lot and in just that short amount of time, I fell in love with them all!  Before I left, I whispered over to my co-worker and said, "Do they all like hugs?" and she said, "Oh yeah!  You can go give them a hug!" and I turned the corner and said, "Who wants a hug!?" and they all got excited!  It felt so good!  They asked if I was coming back tomorrow and I said, "Nooo, not tomorrow, but I'll be back to work with you all after next week if that's okay with everyone!" And they all shook their head in agreement.  It was truly heartwarming.  <3

So yeah, I have 4 more days of classes and then hopefully I'll start Friday with actually working at the house.  I'm really looking forward to this.

Sorry there are no pretty pictures to look at today - this is just an quick update post today. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Young &+ the Reckless. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.