Thursday, November 23, 2017

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!  I hope everyone has a safe and great holiday weekend!  Jason and I are going over his parents house in a bit for our dinner.  I actually just got done making two disposable cake pans full of the Eclair cake - one is for their house and one is for our house.  All I have left to do is put the chocolate frosting on top!  I'm so ready to just kick back and relax...

Yesterday was a very bad day for me.  The chest pain ended up becoming so bad the night before last that I just decided to skip the x-ray and go straight to the emergency room instead when Jason got off from work, so we spent the entire day at the emergency room trying to figure out what was going on with me.  I got stuck with needles at least 6-7 times for IV and blood work, had a urinalysis, an EKG, a chest x-ray and a CT scan.  They gave me some Maalox for acid reflux reduction and Morphine for the pain.  All they found was a slightly elevated level of something in my blood (forgot what) and chalked the diagnosis up as chronic acid reflux.



Eventually, I got to go home with 3 prescriptions - one for severe acid reflux, hydrocodone for the pain and a high blood pressure medication just in case my blood pressure becomes elevated due to pain.  I felt so bad that Jason had to spend the entire day with me in the hospital as he had to work the night before and that night as well on like no sleep, but I'm glad he was with me because it helped me stay calm through the whole process.  I was definitely scared...

When they did the CT scan, they injected me with contrast and it felt very weird - it warms your entire body and makes you feel like you have to pee really bad.  I guess the contrast is so that they can see better.


To say the least, I was definitely happy to be home and I slept a little better than I have been for the past three nights.  Work gave me until Saturday off considering all that I have been through and even when I go back Saturday and Sunday, I will be with someone as there might be a chance that I need to remain on light duty when I go back for a couple of days.

With that being said, I'm going to list five things that I'm grateful for today.


1. My Family - this includes my friends (the ones I can count on)
2. My fur babies
3. My job, including the people I work with
4. Having a nice roof over my head (my home)
5. My health and that nothing is majorly wrong with me

What are you grateful for today and everyday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Young &+ the Reckless. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.