Monday, November 13, 2017

HAPPY MONDAY


I hope everyone has a great Monday!  I know it's too soon to tell how it's going to go, so well wishes are always good.  I ended my classes this past Thursday and spent three whole days working with my ladies.  So far, so good!  I have to get ready here soon in a bit to go perform my three med passes up at the workshop at the Disability Board and when I go into work tonight, I'm sure the women training me is going to watch me do the medication administering tonight during my shift.  Assuming all goes well with my med passes, I will be cut loose to administer meds.

After tonight's shift, I got two whole days off.  I'm so ready to relax honestly.  I may just spend Tuesday in bed and play some FFXIV, grub on some snacks and catch up with my phone calls.  I need a "me" day.  I've been busy since my classes started, so a day to myself is very much needed.  It was so cute - my first whole day working with the ladies, one of them colored me a picture to bring home.  I posted it up on the front of my fridge.



When I first noticed that she was coloring it in, she was using a blue ink pen and I told her that I bet it would look so much prettier if she used her crayons to color it in.  So she said, "I could do that..." and I praised her on how pretty it looked, so she gave it to me to take home.  I told her that I was going to post it on my fridge for everyone to see.

I was also really surprised that the whole first day I worked, when it was bath time.  My trainer asked me if I wanted to try to give one of the individuals a shower and she told me that the individual we were about to bathe doesn't really like new staff bathing her.  So I looked at her and said, "Well, it doesn't really matter to me...I mean, I'm gunna have to do it at some point anyway...so might-as-well."  Before my trainer could even respond to me, the individual pointed at me and said, "Come here, baby!"  My trainer looked at me with a shocked expression and said, "Wow, she wants you!"  It made me feel so good...

The most important thing for me is to earn their trust and respect.  I always want to make sure that I do right by them.  They are the cutest, most lovely ladies I could have ever asked for.  Granted, they can still have their behaviors, but isn't that any of us though?  We're all human whether we have a disability or not.

But anyway, I better start getting ready to get these med passes out of the way.  I think I have a couple other stories to tell, but I'll try to get to it tomorrow - kinda crunched for time today, so I just wanted to get a quick post in.

Have a wonderful day, y'all! :)


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad the new job is going well for you ShaSha. We miss you on AL

    ReplyDelete
  2. :O I didn't expect to find you here! I know...I'm not sure when I will come back to AL...I'm really just so busy now...

    ReplyDelete

On Instagram

© Young &+ the Reckless. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.