Friday, February 9, 2018

Extra, Extra!


I have some news!  As I have mentioned in a previous post, I had put in for a transfer at my job to the Adult Day Program and after a couple weeks of waiting, I finally got a call for an interview for tomorrow!  I know that I said I would give my current position more time, but honestly, I'm not going to pass up the opportunity to interview for the position.  I can always decline it and they could always refuse me the position - so my perspective is, what do I have to lose?

I currently work residential between two different houses, although I'm mainly at one house.  I'm responsible for their care and teaching them how to live in their houses and in the community.  I administer medications, cook dinner, wash dishes, give four showers, do laundry, clean the kitchen and the bathrooms and do a bunch of paperwork.  I'm also an advocate to one of the individuals in the residence which means I make sure that she is aware of her rights, help her manage her money and make sure her room stays clean.  On top of all that, I have to give all four ladies my attention almost 24/7.  It doesn't sound like much, but it is.

I have a lot of liability with my job and I'm just not sure that I'm 110% satisfied where I'm working for a few reasons.  The drama has died down quite considerably, but I'm just not sure it's where I want to stay.

Here's to hoping that I get it!  It was funny too because I bought Chinese food yesterday and today opened a few fortune cookies with my lunch and it was just ironic how two of them said, "I will be making a change in job soon" and that "I will be making changes soon" or something to that effect.

If I get this job, more than half of my responsibility is cut in half and I'll have weekends off and all holidays that the state has off (and be paid for them) as well as if there is an inclement of weather, the day program is shut down.  Oh!  And it's first shift! ^^

Another announcement that I want to make is that I will hopefully be starting vlogging soon, so you guys can hear me and see me instead of read my blog!

Anyway, I have to cut this short because my ladies Valentine's Day prom is tonight and I have to get ready to step out the door to help them get ready soon! :)

Have a great Friday, everyone! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Young &+ the Reckless. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.