Friday, February 23, 2018

Friday, not my Friday!

It's Friday ya'll...well, for some of you.  If you're like me and you work weekends, stay strong - your days off are coming!  Monday's are my Friday's and I kind of find that ironic, seeing as how most people loath Monday's while I'm welcoming Monday with open arms... *shrugs* Oh well.

Anyway, I figured that I would pop on here to give ya'll a quick update seeing as how I have a little bit of time on my hands this morning.

About a week ago, I received a work e-mail stating that I actually didn't get selected for the position at the Day Program which honestly, I'm not entirely that upset over.  For me, it was a 50/50 thing.  If I got it, awesome - if I didn't get it, that was okay too.  When I told my ladies that I care for that I put in for a position over there, they said, "Don't go Leena, we love you..." (they call me Leena because they can't pronounce my real name).  It broke my heart into a million tiny pieces.  I really do love the ladies I care for.  They are really like my second family.

Aside from that, I've put in for a few days off here and there during the next upcoming few months.  I'm trying to take off March 3rd, April 14th and May 20th-23rd.  Jason and I just received our Federal return a few days ago and our state is getting ready to be released for direct deposit any day now, so I'm taking off a Saturday so that him and I can go out for the day and get some things done around the house.  We can't afford to do a whole lot, but we are going to do a fair bit to get started such as purchase all new hardware for all the cabinets in the house, paint for both the kitchen and the living room, maybe an area rug for the living room, a runner carpet for our hallway, some signs to hang on our walls and maybe a kitchen table.  It really all just depends what we can find and what we find feasible with prices when we go out.

We are also having a pamper day that day.  I told him that we are going out to breakfast, lunch and dinner since we will be out all day that day and I told him that we should both get a couple things that we both want with our money.  There is nothing wrong with working hard all year so that you can have a little something that you want.


Here it is Wednesday and I'm completely guilty of abandoning my post mid-way because I had decided to scoot out the door to Burlington Coat Factory before I had to take off for work to see if I could satisfy my handbag obsession and had zero luck.  I actually went back yesterday and had VERY good luck - granted, my wallets don't match my handbags in name brand, but I can live with it.  I also went to a couple of stores in our local mall and found nothing.  I did however, find a Michael Kors handbag that I loved, but the price wasn't working for me, so I was a good girl and left it where I found it - at the store.

On my way home, I stopped for lunch and got Jason and I Jack in the Box which was absolutely delicious!

You know something?  I really enjoy going out by myself.  If you knew me about three years ago, I absolutely hated going out by myself and would never, ever do it.  Sometimes when I get off work at midnight, I stop at the 24-hour Walgreen's and Walmart to shop.  I always feel like the staff there are always like, "What is she doing buying make-up at midnight?"...like I should be in bed or something, but honestly?  Shopping at midnight is really the best, most peaceful thing EVER.  You can take your time, you don't have to worry about people blocking the isles and most of the time, there is fresh inventory out that hasn't yet been picked over.  It's great.

I'm still waiting for my boss to text me back to see if she approved me to be off this Saturday, so I can get some things done with Jason.  She told me to text her today.  I really do hope that she was able to swing it, especially because if she asks me if I can come in early on the days that I work, I always jump for her.

But anyway, I'm still going to do my post for today.  So lucky for you all - you get a double read!

Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Young &+ the Reckless. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.