Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Well, Good Afternoon Lovelies! =]

Oh my goodness - it's been forEVER!  I've just been going through a blogging dry spell lately and on top of that, have kinda been super busy.  Between working, I've had plenty of "not feeling good days" which have been occurring more often than not.  I've had a lot of different appointments within the past few weeks and just did a little bit of yard work the past two days.

I've had a pap appointment a while back and it came back all good.  At the beginning of last month, I had my first dentist appointment in 5-6 years due to not having benefits.  As I initially expected, I needed to have an invasive, deep cleaning done.  I just finished appointment two of two this morning and while my mouth is a little sore from all the digging they did in my gums, I'm just glad it's over and now my gums can finally heal and be healthy again! =]

It really did suck!  I had two different dental hygienists for each appointment as my right and left side were split into two different appointments, about two weeks apart.  It made me a little nervous that they both did things a little different.  I thought that the girl who did my teeth two weeks ago was aggressive but that was a HUGE understatement - I felt it A LOT today.  Next week I go for a complete teeth cleaning and fluoride treatment.  Not to mention, I still have a few chips that need to be filled in. 😕

Then, we had an unexpected, tragic event happen about three weeks ago.  This is Cali.


Cali is about two years old.  She was an outside cat that started coming around when we bought the house this year up until just about three weeks ago.  Jason and I thought we could continue to take care of her outside along with her other little female friend which I named Spirit outside without a problem.  This is Spirit.


We didn't want to domesticate them if that wasn't what was going to make them happy because they were so use to being outside but then the unimaginable happened.

I was just waking up out of bed about three weeks ago on a Wednesday and Jason comes immediately in the bedroom, starts pacing the floor, shaking and repeating the words, "Oh my god...oh my god...oh my GOD!" and I jump up and ask him, "What's wrong?  What?  What? WHAT?!"  He then told me that Cali had just got hit by a car.  I jolted up out of the bed and ran as fast as humanly possible, ripping a towel out of our dryer and rushed outside.  I was in my pajamas, no bra and no shoes on.  I asked Jason where she was and Jason found her in the neighbors bush across the street.  She dragged herself out of the street and into the neighbors bush.

I told Jason to go get her - I don't care if the neighbor comes outside or has something to say!  He wrapped her up in the towel and carried her into our garage.  She was just a mess.  She was bleeding out of her mouth and her nose.  We didn't know the extent of the injury or if she was even going to make it.  I called our vet immediately and asked if she could take her in as soon as possible.  We got there within a half hour.  It was hard to get her in a carrier due to her being in pain.

She stayed at the vet for about three nights.  She gave her a rabies shot, tested for leukemia, feline aids and worms.  She gave her fluids, pain meds and anesthesia to perform a proper x-ray.  Come to find out, she had a crushed pelvis.  As bad as that sounds, the doctor said that was probably one of the most fortunate things that could have happened to her because there is nothing you can really put on her to aid in the healing process - that she will heal on her own.  We've had to keep her isolated in our walk-in closet away from our other pets and in a kennel to limit mobility as part of her rehabilitation.

She is doing much better though she is still sore.  At first, she wasn't eating or drinking which we knew was probably due to the pain and stress of her situation including changing her from being outside to inside.  She is doing so good and we can tell that she is doing okay with her healing process because she is easier to handle when we have to clean her and the kennel up.  She goes back to the vet for a check up this Friday, so fingers...errr...paws crossed! =]

Jason and I have slowly been doing some outside work...


[ Before - shitty phone pic lol ]


[ Dug up - took black mesh liner out from underneath and installed black edging ]


[ Put top soil down ]


[ Jason laid the rock this morning ]

Other than that, MY 27TH BIRTHDAY IS COMING UP!  Literally 12 more days to go!

But anyway, I'm gunna go - hopefully I'll write again here soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Young &+ the Reckless. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.