Thursday, December 7, 2017

BABY FEVER!


If anyone has known me from my late teenage life to now then they know how dead set I was on not having children.  I'm going to be completely honest - I had the same fear that I think crosses most women's minds which is the pain you go through during labor.  My opinion of having children was a very shallow one, but none the less, it was an opinion.  Personally, (and it might sound harsh) I thought they were money wasting, time stealing, snot nosed little demonic spawns of Satan.  I know...again, harsh.  I liked the thought of being able to do what I want, when I want.  I like my undisturbed sleep, having my money to myself other than paying bills, my free time, being able to do things and not have to worry about what to do with a child and the list goes on.

Yes, all of my reasons were pretty selfish - I'll be the first one to admit that.  But what's even more selfish is knowing you're not ready to have a child(ren) and do so because you believe that it's what's expected of you by society or that your nagging (but lovely) future mother-in-law wants you to give her grandchildren.  It's your body, your life and no one else's decision but you and your partners.  It's not a decision to make lightly even though a lot of people seem to make that decision like it's nothing and it's becoming more and more common in today's society that little to no decision is actually made when it comes to bringing a baby into this chaotic world.  

I've always heard the classic line, "You'll never be fully ready to have a baby...that you can never be prepared enough..." and while that is completely and utterly true, there are still decisions that should be made prior to making that determination on whether or not you truly want to have a baby.  After all, it's a life long commitment.

One of the biggest question's you have to ask yourself is if you're at the point in your life where you think you're ready to make that selfless sacrifice to put that child first.  You need to be prepared to go without a lot of the time.  You need to be ready to sacrifice time, money, sleep and in some cases, your sanity.  Children can be very trying on your patience.  Would you look at me talking like I know what the heck I'm talking about.  In all actuality, I haven't a fucking clue.  I'm going based off what other mom's have told me and knowing how I was as a child.  Lord knows, I was the true definition of Satan's spawn and my mother always told me that she hopes I end up having a little bitch just like I was.  I sure do hope that's not the case because I was a little terror.


As of late, I've been getting this very strange and different feeling.  At times it can be quite overwhelming.  My body had just been kinda sensitive all over lately, especially in my stomach and breasts.  It's a feeling that I've never felt in my entire life and I just have this very, VERY strong instinct that my body is ready to have a baby...

I googled it and it's a real thing.  Your body can hint to you when your biological clock is ticking - I mean, I am 26 ... so it's not really that far fetched.  Since working in the field that I'm in, I've come to the realization that even though we don't refer to our individual's as "children", in all actuality, how we care for them isn't really much different than taking care of a child.  The only difference is, they are grown adults physically.

I'll tell you everything I do for these 4 ladies and you tell me if it's much different at all...
  • Give them their medications
  • Cook dinner for them, plate their dinner, and do the dishes afterwards
  • Give them a shower and wash their hair
  • Assist them in changing their brief
  • Help them get dressed
  • Make sure their rooms are cleaned
  • Make sure their house in general stays clean
  • Do their laundry
  • Take them to events
  • Correct behaviors
  • Correct emotional outbursts
  • Administer first aid when necessary
  • Make sure they stay safe
  • Help them dial the phone to reach out to their family members 
  • Delegate their spending money
  • Take appropriate action when their sick
So you tell me, is it really that much different from what I already do?  It takes a lot of patience to do my job sometimes and I'm finding out that I have a lot more patience than what I thought I had.  I definitely wasn't giving myself enough credit.

Jason and I talked about it and we know that we're not quite ready to be having a baby just yet.  I would definitely like to have a baby somewhere in my early 30's though.

We've agreed on a girls name, but we can't for the life of us, agree on a boys name...

We've got plenty of time I suppose...

No comments:

Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Young &+ the Reckless. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.