Saturday, September 23, 2017

HAPPY SECOND DAY OF FALL!


Well even though I'm a day late, HAPPY FALL!  I have been non-stop over the course of the past week or so.  I was extremely sick last week with a cold and I'm still trying to battle it to get completely over it.  I relapsed this morning with a real stuffed up nose and sore throat...is this Autumn's way of bringing in the season?  Jeez.

Other than that, I've been waiting to get paid so I could begin watching our money for this month and meal prep which does a few things for us.

First of all, I won't have to cook all week.  Breakfast, lunch AND dinner is made for 6 whole days.  The 7th day is meal prepping day for the next 6 days, so that is our "go out to eat night".  Secondly, it helps to eliminate waste both food wise AND money wise.  I'm hoping it shows significantly in our budget this month.  We are also working on eating healthier, more balanced meals in order to get into better shape with our health.  Pretty soon, I'm going to be taking the pup for regular walks around the neighborhood and I know Jason wants to take the bike our regularly as well.

I've also been on the job hunt as I haven't been feeling too good about the stability of the current place I work.  This week, my bosses made me aware that they want to hire me in.  They even told me that I'm a "hard" worker.  Really?!  While I appreciate the offer, if the disability board offers me the job there, I'm going to take it.  I have to think of the long-term.

Sure, it's a dollar thirty four less an hour, but there are many more benefits that outweigh staying at the DC.

If I got hired on a Walgreen's, I have to wait 6 months before I can get insurance and from what I heard, it's not that great.  They keep promising them raises and keep setting those raises back.  I have quotas hanging over my head, making me worry whether or not I will have a job every two weeks.  Also, the job is very physically demanding as well it's difficult to take a sick day if you need it.

I'd get a twenty percent discount at the retail locations, but if I'm not happy where I'm working, none of that really matters to me honestly.

I had my second interview this week with the disability board.  I actually went to the actual house where I would be working.  I didn't get to meet with any of the potential people that I would be caring for as they were at their day job, but I got to see the environment and speak with the supervisor.

I genuinely think I'm going to absolutely love that job and I really hope I do get the opportunity.

I would receive state benefits which are some of the best benefits you can receive.  I would have FIVE weeks paid days off per a YEAR.  I'd have some light cleaning and cooking as well as making sure they keep up on their hygiene.  But the best part of my job is that I get to have FUN with them and have some of the best friends EVER.  Sure, I have responsibilities, but I also get to watch t.v and movies, take them to the park, ice cream, movies, and whatever else I can.  The state pays for me to participate in these activities with them - like, if I take them for ice cream, the state pays for my ice cream.  If I want to take them to the movies, they pay for my movie ticket.  How COOL is that?!

She told me that they are all really lovable and will attach to you like glue.  I'm so looking forward to that.  I've always wanted to either become a teacher or caregiver and now I get the best of both worlds!

I would show my meal prep that I did for the week, but I have a few more things to do for it and wanted to make sure that I included everything in my post, so I will get that finished tomorrow and do a post about it.

But yeah, I'm so ready for maple, pumpkin, apple scented everything.  Crisp leaves on the ground crunching under my feet, warm sweaters, lattes, and all the fall things.

I made my first banana bread of the season and burnt it.  Thankfully, I was able to shave off the burn parts and the inside was fine.  Is that a sign?  Am I going to be in a situation where I'm able to save something despite it being a complete disaster at the start?  Hmmm...

I'll follow up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Young &+ the Reckless. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.