Tuesday, September 26, 2017

NOT THE MOST IDEAL NEWS BUT MOVING ONWARD

Unfortunately, I received the news the other day that the disability board decided to not move me forward in the hiring process for the support worker position.  Though I'm greatly disappointed by this news, I still have the opportunity at the Walgreen's Distribution Center.  As far as I know, both my supervisors are still going to recommend me for hire.  Despite how anxious and nervous I am that I won't make it in the department they put me in, I'm going to try and go into this with a positive mind.  I try not to be negative, but there is also apart of me that wants to realistic, you know?  I struggled to make it in SPS and now they want to move me into a more difficult department that is like SPS, just harder.

All I can do is try to give it my best shot.  I mean, I really can't say for sure how it's going to work out until I try it anyway, right?

They sent me home Sunday night from work because of how sick I was.  I've been battling this cold now for the past 2 weeks.  I was beginning to feel better and then relapsed back into it for some reason.  It still has yet to completely go away.  Before my first break, I was feeling decent and struggled to make rate only because of how many machinery faults were happening.  I went on my first break, came back, and felt like death.  They noticed how terrible I looked and that my pick rate was suffering because of it and offered to let me go home.  I couldn't have been more thankful, but I did my best to try to stay and ride it out.  It wasn't going to do me any good to stay if my pick rate was going to suffer.

I decided that unless the disability board decides to offer me another position, I'm going to move forward with the hiring process with Walgreen's and see where it takes me.


I guess I owe it to Jay to make more money anyway.  I try to live on a theory of what is meant to be will be.  Maybe the support worker position just wasn't for me and that's okay.  There's another plan for me...

Our department at work has been doing really well, so the managers are throwing us a pizza, sub, and fried chicken party at work tonight.  I hope I feel okay enough to make it through the next three days.  More than likely I will be taking this weekend to rest and finish getting over this crappy cold.

That's all I got for right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Young &+ the Reckless. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.