Friday, September 8, 2017

BEEN BUSY!

Oi, I've been so busy lately!

Work has been so crazy as of late.  I was still trying to get hired on or maybe I still am trying to get hired on there...honestly, I'm not too sure at the minute how I feel about that place.

I did genuinely want to get hired on there, but I'm not sure how I feel at the minute.  I'm always getting very different pieces of information from different people and it seems like no one is on the same page at all.  I'm fighting to get hired in and breaking my back to try and make rate, yet I haven't even been talked to hardly about my performance and/or my status of getting hired in.  I went to the boss the other night and spoke to him about it.

Apparently, my pick rate is 92.60% and I have to be 100% or better by the time they consider whether or not to hire me in.  Now, my current pick rate is currently in the "yellow".  I was still in the yellow around the time that some people were in the red and they were sent to his office to discuss it.  I never got sent to his office to discuss the fact that I was in the yellow.  However, if it was THAT important for me to be in the green and more importantly, that he wouldn't recommend me for hire because he "doesn't want to put his reputation on the line like that", I should have been in his office too.

Just pure ridiculousness.

And honestly, if it weren't for all the machinery faults that we've been having as of late, I would be 100% or better.  If we are to be held accountable for our productivity, they should be held accountable for machinery faults that are beyond our control when our pick rate suffers because of it!

Anyway, enough of that!

Last weekend, I treated Jason and took him to Greenville for the day on Saturday.  We both had a four day weekend for Labor Day.  I took him to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch!


Look!  I finally got a picture of him!


This bread was sooo yummy!  So much so, that we asked if we could take it to go!  Haha!


Here we have grilled cheese sticks made with bacon and "truffle oil" Oooo, fancy! XD

No, but seriously?  These were amazing! :)


I had fried calamari for lunch!  Again, so yummy!


Jason had a macaroni and cheese burger w/ fries.  As you can tell he wasn't impressed that I felt the incessant need to take a picture of his food!  As I always say, "I do it for the blog!"  Ahaha!


Jason made fun of the "70's decor".  He wasn't impressed.  He loved the food though.  Shouldn't that be all that matters?  Damn!  Can never please a man!


And of course, the CHEESECAKE!  Had to save room for that!


Jason had a Godiva chocolate cheesecake as you can see, it's marked with it's signature Godiva chocolate square as garnish.


And I had a coffee and cream piece of cheesecake.  I'll be honest - I FELL in love with it!


Can you believe I snuck in another picture of him!

Other than that, we've just been watching what hurricane Irma is going to do when it gets to South Carolina.  I know that Florida is going to get the brunt of it, but they have issued a state of emergency for South Carolina as well, so we're not out of the red yet.  We could still see some pretty significant damage.

I've already been to the store to get what I need, so I'm not too worried.

When I woke up from my nap, I did get a blessing of an e-mail from a job that I had applied for a couple weeks back.  I'm thinking about changing my career path to the care field - actually, I've been thinking about it for awhile.

I applied for a job working with people with intellectual and other mental disabilities as support.

I'm in the process of talking to the human resource person, so we shall see.

But, I'm getting sleepy now and it's going on two in the morning here.  I'll update again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Young &+ the Reckless. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.