Sunday, October 15, 2017

EASY LIKE SUNDAY MORNING


Good morning, everyone!  I hope everyone has had a great weekend so far - I know I have!  I've had another crazy week filled with emotional roller-coasters all over the place!  Like I mentioned in my previous posts, I've been trying to obtain a career with the Anderson County Special Needs and Disability Board.  Well, after a few weeks of getting discouraged that I would never have that opportunity, I'm pleased to say that as of October 31st, 2017, I will officially hold the title of Direct Support Professional there!  Despite being as discouraged as I was, I still did my best to maintain interest and communication with the human resource department there and after weeks of being persistent, I finally received a job offer!

It just goes to show you that if you're really passionate about something, don't ever give up on it - no matter how many times you fail or how discouraged you get in the process.
Anyway, I had an interview Thursday morning at a different house with two directors of the facility.  Though I mainly had my interview with just one of them and met the other one later on in the interview.  I had the pleasure of doing a walk-through of the house there as well as meet four of the wonderful ladies who lived here that I will be taking care of.  They all have beautiful personalities.  When I had gone for that interview, I had just gotten off a 10 hour shift at Walgreen's and received WAY too much information to retain it all as I was super tired.  I can't really remember any of their names, but I do remember bits and pieces of information.

I do know that the house I interviewed at will not be the main residence that I work at.  That's my "floater" house - meaning that I will be working at my main residence unless I'm needed at the other house for any reason.  I have yet to see my main house and the people that I will be taking care of there.  The director tried her best to go over the personalities and disabilities of all eight or so ladies that I will be caring for, but like I said, I was pretty much dead during that interview.  I did try my best to listen and take it all in.

I know that one lady loves music and gaming.  Another lady loves animals and she has a seizure disorder that often leaves her dazed and confused afterwards.  Another one of the ladies just started a position as a people greeter at our new Burlington Coat Factory here - how AWESOME is that?!  Two of the ladies are on puree diets and another lady has a diet that consists of blender processed food (it can be a little more solid than puree - like she can have ground meats, but needs to have gravy or sauce to moisten them).  Three out of the four ladies in that particular house are in wheelchairs and the fourth lady has a walker.  The lady who has a walker is mute.  One of the ladies in a wheelchair requires a lift to get her out of bed.

To say the least, I'm very excited for this new and rewarding opportunity!  My last day at the Walgreen's DC will be October 26th.  I wanted to give myself a few days to rest and get my new sleep schedule on track.  My classes will start October 31st - I have to take defensive driving, CPR cert and med tech cert classes.  After two weeks, I will have finished my classes and start my on-the-job training.  Yay!

In other news, Jason and I have been working on our relationship and he surprised me this weekend and took off from work in order to celebrate my new career change with me.  Despite it being less per hour, he knows how excited I am for this and completely supports my decision on taking this job.  I just know that this opportunity will be great for me both mentally and physically.

He took me out to the city Friday night for dinner at O'Charlies and then we stopped at the new Burlington Coat Factory they just put here.  I'm TOTALLY in LOVE with that store!  Here are a few of my finds there:



But seriously, how cute are those shoes?!  I can now wear Simba on my shoes and take him everywhere with me.  Despite being my size and having the proper width, they are a little tight on my feet, but totally worth.  They are also memory foam as well.  I'm also in love with my new Guess handbag and sorta matching wallet.  I love Guess handbags - I kinda have a few...

Here were our eats this weekend as well:

(Cod Fish and Chips)

(Green Fried Tomatoes with Chow Chow and Sweet Smoky BBQ sauce)

(Combo meal at Chili's - Cheddar and Jalapeno sausage, Texas dry rub ribs, sweet corn, fries, pickles &+ garlic Texas toast)

I also had this wonderful Mai Tai!


I did some more shopping yesterday and got a bunch of random stuff at Walgreen's, a couple of books and the Five Night's at Freddy's Fun Time collection!  So I got completely spoiled this weekend!

Oh, OH!  I also dyed my hair this week! :O  Wednesday night, I was working on the hair product station and saw this awesome color.  Now I haven't dyed my hair in almost 4-5 years - so the color I currently had was my natural color completely.  I've been wanting my hair violet for quite some time and when I saw on the box that I wouldn't even have to bleach my hair, I was super intrigued.


I had forgot how messy hair dye was, but if you accidentally stain your counter or tub, I sprayed Shout on the stains and let them sit for a few minutes and it came right off!

Here is the finished product!

So, what do ya'll think??  I love it and have gotten so many compliments on it, especially at work!  Anyway. I've got a couple of chores that I have to do this morning and then I'm going to rest before work tonight!  I hope ya'll have a great rest of the weekend! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Young &+ the Reckless. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.