Friday, October 27, 2017

HERE'S TO A NEW CHAPTER

Wednesday night ended my employment at Walgreen's and I even got to leave early - at 3 a.m!  Even though I'm truly going to miss everyone there, I can honestly say that I'm genuinely excited to begin this new chapter of my life.  I finally, for once in my life, feel like I'm in a good place.  Just hopefully I never have to step foot inside a factory or warehouse ever again.  I mean, I do have plans of hopefully staying at the Disability for the rest of my life, so unless they have plans of letting me go at any point, I think I'll be good to go!

Money will be a little bit tight until I can draw a regular paycheck from there, but we'll be okay!  I spent yesterday in bed and played some Final Fantasy and it felt good.  This morning I got up, took a shower, got ready and did my grocery shop.  I only spent $110 dollars on food which excited me a whole lot because I got a lot of great deals on meats!  I was able to get two boneless rib-eye steaks for like $14, a 6 pack of pork chops for $8 and a big package of ground beef for $8.  I also had to get a new shower curtain liner and a new floor mat for the shower because both of them were just getting gross looking.

I baked a lemon poppy-seed bread, a coffee-cake bread and later on, I'll be baking some triple-chunk fudge brownies.  I'm about to get ready to go hang out with my friend girl from Walgreen's, Kaity.  We're going to order in some Chinese food and watch some anime - much needed girl time!  We might go visit her sister at work.  Funny story - I knew her sister the WHOLE time and didn't even know it.

So, I use to work for this pet boarding center called, It's a Dog's Life.  I worked for an Asian lady named Cindy.  Cindy told me before that she had came from a big family and that she was adopted and was from Baltimore, etc, etc.  Well, Kaity told me pretty much the same thing one night at Walgreen's and I never put two and two together until Kaity texted me yesterday and asked me, "Did you use to work at It's a Dog's Life?"  I said, "Yes..." and then she said, "Did you use to work for a lady named Cindy?" I said, "YES..." and she said, "That's my sister!"  I was so blown away!  What a small world and then it all made sense!  Haha!

Jason and I are going to go out for dinner tonight - I told him to decide where he wants to do.  I say this as I'm starving for food right now.

Tomorrow, I'm going to do a little bit of relaxing in the morning and then we're suppose to go over Jason's parents house tomorrow for a cookout, assuming it doesn't rain.  They are over here right now, helping Jason stabilize our gutters a bit better as the last hurricane we got, put them through hell.  They are old and when we get the money, we have to upgrade them!  Jason took the whole weekend off which is nice because I love spending time with him - it's hard to do that during the week.

Sunday, I have to get my sleep schedule adjusted for my new job and Monday marks my first official day of training at the Disability Board.  I also have to get a TB test done...yay! (NOT).

Anyway, I have to cut this short because I need to make my way to my friend Kaity's house now.  I'll catch you all later!  Have a beautiful weekend! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Young &+ the Reckless. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.